Saturday, 9 February 2013

Rose brooch on a gift tag

Now for something different, I wanted to decoupage this lovely rose so I decided to do this but made with film and fibre.
I made several roses in this way and used them to make the layers for decoupage and once complete I added some glamour dust on the edges to give a frosty effect and then mounted on a brooch back.
I thought a nice way to give this as a gift would be to attach it to a matching tag.
The tag was coloured using distress ink, Worn Lipstick, and the roses stamped with 2nd generation ink. I then sprinkled some irridescent embossing powder over the whole of the tag and heated to set, this gave a gorgeous shimmer. The quote was stamped and mounted using foam pads, mixed threads finish off the completed tag. Makes a rather nice gift I think....xKx

Post a Comment