Sunday, 7 April 2013

Shell Seeker


Last of my "Shell" designs and it's nice to be posting these with the sun shining for a change!
Another idea I liked was to try embossing the shells with Shabby White Fran-tage embossing powder.
Firstly I used a piece of Clarity card and distressed with scattered straw distress ink and water.
I then used a mask and blended peacock feathers distress ink over the top.
The shells were stamped and embossed and coloured with some distress ink mixed with water before adding the larger shell coloured with scattered straw.
I used spellbinders to layer up the stamped verse which had been coloured in the same two ink colour combination.
String and dew drops add the finishing touches.
I really like these colours together.
Next posts move on to Douglas, Laurel and the Lesson 16 Kit.



Post a Comment