Tuesday, 13 August 2013

While Shepherds Watched

Morning everyone,
Here are two cards I made for the August Clarity shows with Barbara, I was looking through some Gelli backgrounds I'd made when I was practising a while back and thought the colours would work well.
I was really inspired using these stamps and backgrounds together.
The first card I masked off the moon and created the background scene with the Clarity Hills and Mountains Mask and part of the London Skyline which I hoped might resemble Bethlehem in the background?!..
Inks used were Adirondack Stonewashed and Willow, which I'm a bit addicted too since using the combination at Cowden.
I used a touch of Scattered Straw Distress Ink for the moon.
The Star was stamped and gold embossed and then the figures stamped with black Archival.
The next card I used the die cut layers, I stamped the Carol Music in position first and the created the bright moon with Butterscotch Adirondack.
Again the star was gold embossed and I added some white pen light shafts.
Using black Archival I stamped the characters and then added a partial colour line around to create a glow using Mustard Seed Distress Marker which was also used to colour the Carol Music.
Both these were very simple and straightforward but I was really pleased with the effect.
I hope you feel inspired....xKx




Post a Comment