I couldn't resist having a quick experiment with the new DecoArt Media crackle paste.
Quick and easy, I applied to the tag with a palette knife/spatula and left to dry, it cures pretty quick!
The thicker the paste the deeper the cracks.
I then applied a wash of Adirondack acrylic paints in purple twilight and pool before stamping Woodware Going to Seed stamp and sentiment in black archival.
I added more paint colour to give detail/interest and used some sapphire and lilac treasure gold around the edges.
I'm well impressed with the results of using this paste and look forward to using it on MDF projects.
Sweet Lilac Flowers for a Monochrome challenge.
I used this Audrey home decor stencil I've had for a while with picked raspberry distress ink to colour.
The background panel was created by masking off the alternate lines and sponging the ink in between.
I edged the panels with the same distress ink and added gems to the necklace detail.
For the finishing touch I layered two large Sweet Lilac blooms which matched the picked raspberry and attached some flower stamens through the centre.
Thanks for looking today!...